viernes, 15 de agosto de 2008

Synchronize Evolution and Nokia 6300

This is not a HOWTO, It's more a success story extended. :)
I use Ubuntu 8.04 on a HP Pavilion tx1000z. I didn't have to install blue tooth programs, since they were already there, but if you want a detailed explanation look for this link (original article is in spanish)

Synchronize Nokia E65 with Evolution

I have this packages from ubuntu repositories:

libopensync-plugin-evolution2
libopensync-plugin-file
libopensync-plugin-gnokii
libopensync-plugin-google-calendar
libopensync0
libpisync1
libsyncml-utils
libsyncml0
msynctool
multisync
opensync-plugin-syncml

Also, this ones for gnokii

gnokii gnokii-cli gnokii-common xgnokii

I followed de steps from the guide linked above and I got my synchronization working!
Here my msynctool configuracion (I had to change < for ( on the post, because blogger eats up the tags :( )

USER@host:~$ msynctool --showgroup nokia-evo2
Groupname: nokia-evo2 Member 2: evo2-sync

Configuration :
(config)
(address_path)default(/address_path)
(calendar_path)file:///home/USER/.evolution/calendar/local/system(/calendar_path)
(tasks_path)default(/tasks_path)
(/config)

Member 1: gnokii-sync
Configuration : (config)
(connection)bluetooth(/connection)
(port)00:1A:DC:00:34:10(/port)
(model)6310(/model)
(/config)


The 6310 is a workaround I read somewhere, works perfectly fine even though my phone is a 6300.
I don't use GUI, plain and simple command line :)

$ msynctool --sync nokia-evo2

No hay comentarios: